Located in the John D. Tickle Engineering Building, the iLab contains equipment and software to convert ideas into tangible and functional prototypes.The iLab contains equipment and software to convert ideas into tangible and functional prototypes. Key equipment and software packages currently include:
- 3D printer (uPrint from Stratasys): outputs ABS plastic parts up to 8”x6”x6”
- 4-axis milling (Roland MDX-40A); outputs plastic and wood parts up to 12”*12”*4”
- Laser Surface Engraver (Epilog): engraves glass, plastic, wood and metal flat surfaces to 1000dpi.
- PowerEdge R910 Server (Dell): 128G RAM, 48 cores.
- 3D Laser Scanning – Next Engine
- Unity3D (Apple/Andriod Apps development, 3D gaming)
- Solidworks, AutoCAD, Adobe Master Collection
- Laser System / Engraver – Epilog laser manufactures high performance CO2 and fiber laser system that produces unbeatable engraving, cutting and marking results.
- Autodesk – The Autodesk Inventor product line provides a comprehensive and flexible set of software for 3D mechanical design, simulation, tooling creation, and design communication that help you cost-effectively take advantage of a Digital Prototyping workflow to design and build better products in less time.
Dr. Xueping Li is the Director of the iLab. An Associate Professor of Industrial and Systems Engineeringhe holds a Ph.D. from Arizona State University. His research areas include complex system modeling, simulation and optimization, information assurance, scheduling, supply chain management, data analytics, and health systems engineering. He isa member of IIE, IEEE, ASEE and INFORMS.
For more information on the iLab, or to schedule a tour, please contact, Dr. Xueping Li at Xueping.Li@utk.edu